To help the university present a more consistent image that will help build the Texas State brand, the Office of University Marketing is charged with reviewing all university communications before they are printed or posted.
While it is your responsibility to have your project approved by the appropriate chair, dean, vice president or other authority, our team will review your university communications to ensure they meet the university’s brand, graphic identity and editorial style guidelines.
Please follow these steps for timely review of Texas State communications projects that you have produced on your own:
- Send a PDF of your project by e-mail to University Marketing’s program specialist. A hard copy is acceptable if sending a PDF is not possible. (Deliver it to University Marketing in the J.C. Kellam Administration building, Suite 860.)
- Include a note asking for review and approval, and let us know a date by which you need a response.
- While we make every effort to conduct publication reviews in a timely manner, please allow as much time as possible so that we can work the review of your project into our workload.
- Small projects such as letters or postcards – at least two business days
- Medium-sized pieces such as brochures – at least three business days
- Lengthier documents such as handbooks and booklets – five to 10 business days
- We will review your project’s content, design and logo usage for consistency with Texas State’s brand.
- You will receive a PDF or printout of your project with notes regarding any changes that need to be made to bring your project in line with Texas State’s graphic style guide. You will also receive suggested edits to make your project’s content consistent with Texas State’s editorial style guide, as well as edits to correct grammar and spelling.
Review of Your Web Site
Full-Service Project Production