The Texas State athletic identity elements — or “spirit” marks — are for use by the Texas State’s Athletic
Department, university divisions, departments and units, and university-sanctioned sports, spirit and
student organizations. Texas State spirit marks include:
• athletic wordmark
• SuperCat logo
• interlocking letters “TS” with the star graphic
• Bobby Cat
While the Texas State logo is to be used for all university units, events or activities, the SuperCat logo, the Texas State athletic wordmark and the interlocking letters “TS” with the star graphic are the preferred marks for athletics. The athletic logos should never be used in place of the Texas State logo in any academic application. To ensure a strong, consistent and clear message, please follow these guidelines when using the spirit marks:
• All official athletic material of any kind must display the primary or secondary spirit mark.
• All spirit marks must be reproduced from official artwork available from two sources:
- On-campus use: Texas State Associate Athletic Director - External Affairs
- For-profit use: Licensing Coordinator, Collegiate Licensing Company
• The sprit marks must be displayed using the official colors. No other colors may be used.
For more information see the Athletic Department's Licensing and Branding Standards.